Fifth Annual Power of Community Benefit
Wednesday June 19, 2019
How to Get Involved:
The Social Determinants of Health
Proceeds from this year’s Benefit will help us address the social determinants of health in our community, the lifestyle factors - like access to healthy food, language proficiency, housing status, and access to transportation – that influence 60–80 % of a person’s health. Addressing these issues will improve overall health, including longer life expectancy, better health outcomes, and ultimately, improved wellness for our community.
- American Hospital Association (AHA) President and CEO
- Receiving Power of Community 2019 Health Care Champion Award
- Pollack leads the AHA’s efforts to improve quality and patient safety, eliminating disparities in care, and promoting diversity in the health care field.
Dr. Jose De Leon
- Norwegian American Hospital Physician – Retired in December 2018 after 45 years of service to Norwegian American Hospital as a surgeon.
- Receiving award in recognition of 45 years of dedication, leadership, and commitment to his patients, the community, and Norwegian American
Sign up here to receive 2019 Power of Community Benefit updates!